How to take care of your jewelry
All Eline Rosina jewelry is made from 925 sterling silver, a precious metal of strong quality. Our gold plated jewelry has a 925 sterling silver base with a 18K gold plating. A special E-coating is applied over the gold plating for extra protection.
Sterling silver as well as gold plated jewelry can change colour over time as a result of normal use and aging. There are many factors influencing the wear and tear of jewelry:
- Prolonging exposure to sunlight and oxygen can cause jewelry to fade colour and/or erode and dull.
- Sterling silver and gold plating can be permanently damaged or discoloured caused by contact with water, chlorine, perfume, cosmetics, oils and creams and chemical products such a detergents.
- The acidity of the skin, which differs per person (and is influenced by, among other things, food, alcohol consumption, use of medication and perspiration), can affect the material and cause discolouring of jewelry.
Tips to keep your jewelry in great condition
Here are some important tips to help you keep your jewelry in great condition so you can enjoy wearing it for as long as possible:
- Do not shower/swim/work out/sleep with your jewelry
- Avoid all contact with creams, perfumes, oils, other cosmetics and detergents
- Store your jewelry separately and in an Eline Rosina jewelry box
- Clean your jewelry regularly using a jewelry polishing cloth
- Do not bend or flex hoops/earcuffs (for tips on closing small en delicate earrings and hoops please refer to our blog)
All Eline Rosina jewelry is guaranteed for 6 months. Read our Guarantee policy.